Saturday, March 8, 2008

Craigslist

Craigslist is good too but beware of the spam. Recently there has been an abundance of spam on Craigslist. You can usually tell the spam from the real listings by the title of the ad. Titles that are repeated with only the price changed are usually spam. You may find some great FSBO deals on Craigslist because the seller wants to advertise the property for free. Money is usually a motivating factor to use the free services rather than MLS. Craigslist usually has the address of the property also and a link to a Google and Yahoo map. You will quickly see if the property is your target area. I have sold one house to a buyer who saw my listing on Craigslist and today I found a tenant for one of my rental properties on Craigslist. I posted the rental property, a 2/1.5 townhouse in East Memphis and it was rented in 4 days. I tend to find that Craigslist attracts a higher calibre of Internet Surfer than other sites.