Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Real Estate Magazines


House magazines at the grocery store can be a good source. Be sure that the issue is current. In my local market, new issues arrive on Thursday in preparation for shoppers looking for houses over the weekend. I like these free magazines because they have color pictures and the houses are grouped by area. In Memphis, I can search the three areas I like flipping pages faster than any other method. Also, I can tell right away if the house has curb appeal. Price is usually listed. The good deals will almost stand out on the pages and the duds will be obvious too. Be aware that these grocery store magazines hardly ever have the FSBO's in them since FSBO's don't usually go into MLS. These can also be great reference tools to see which part of town you would like to invest in by getting a feeling for the type of houses in an area.