Saturday, March 15, 2008

One that got away

I found out that the house I bid on this week won't be added to my inventory at this time. The seller had the Agent email the following reply. "Our price doesn't include the furniture. You can tell him that I have no reason to sell that low and will not even counter. I have had some other options come up." Apparently this seller is more interested in listing his house than selling it. He had too much pride to even make counter offer. Don't let pride get in the way of your real estate investing. I feel no shame that the offer was rejected. You must kiss a few frogs before you get your prince. If every offer you make is accepted, you are offering too much.

What do we learn from this, keep playing the game, keep hunting houses and eventually you will get a good deal.